When users don’t have easy access to a laptop nor PC nearby the installation or the machine, is difficult to face the task of making some modification or backups by downloading/uploading the PLC program.
For this purpose, there’s a way to download/upload the PLC program directly from/to a USB memory stick through the DOP HMI.
Let’s explain the procedure in few steps assuming the case of downloading program from USB to PLC:
1. Copy the PLC program (.DVP) into an USB memory stick
2. Insert the memory stick into the USB port of the HMI
3. Enter the system menu of the HMI by pressing the “SYSTEM” button (at the rear side of the HMI) for few seconds. You will hear a “bip” sound
4. Enter the “Up/Download” sub menu
5. Select “HMI <->PLC” transfer mode by navigating through the “LEFT” and “RIGHT” buttons at the bottom
6. Click “USB:\” on the left part of the screen and select the PLC program file you want do download
7. On the right part of the screen, select the COM port that is connected to the PLC (COM1 in this example)
8. After selecting COM1, HMI will search PLC automatically
9. Once the PLC is found by the HMI, user can download the program by pressing “Download” button
Important note: The file name in the PLC to be uploaded or downloaded using this function must be DVP-xxx.dvp (xxx must be a number between 000 and 999.)